A research grant is a grant-in-aid issued to support graduate research work for students seeking either a master’s or doctorate degree. It is not contract research and must meet the following criteria:
• Relevant to the PMCA membership
• Relevant to manufacturers’ problems or industry issues
• General application potential
• Fundamental, non-proprietary
• Not a topic exclusive to one member’s interests
• Graduate research (M.S. or Ph.D.)
Grant recipients may be required to present their findings to the PMCA membership at the association’s annual production conference.
Please note that research grants are different from the Graduate Fellowship for Confectionery Research at The Pennsylvania State University, which is a scholarship award exclusive to that educational institution. Research grants are awarded under separate criteria and with different deliverable outputs and rights.
If you are interested in learning more about PMCA research grants, contact your faculty advisor to see if your educational institution participates. If not, request that your advisor contact PMCA to inquire about participation.